The way you present yourself over the Telephone is usually the first chance a prospective customer will get to make a first impression of you and your business!
It is important to get this right straight away. Follow these tips to help give the best impression you can!
Before you pick up the phone.
- Stop whatever it is your doing and be prepared to give the phone call your full attention.
- Take a deep breath and smile! You may be having an awful day but even by faking a smile your voice will sound instantly cheerier.
Answering the Call.
- Answer with ‘Good Morning/Afternoon’, state who you are and ask them how you can help.
- Listen to what your potential customer is saying and answer accordingly, never cut them off or interrupt them. Ask questions to show your interest in what they are saying.
- If the potential customer introduced themselves then use their name during the conversation.
- If for any reason you are not able to continue the call or you can’t answer their questions straight away, explain this to the potential customer, take down their details and offer to call them back, check for a convenient time to call back and make sure you do!
- Don’t forget to ask where they got your name from so you can keep track of your leads.